May 8, 2020 :
Thank you for your patience. While we cannot start the Ground Round Gift Card exchange immediately as we are respecting the stay at home order from the Governor. We anticipate on Friday May 15 that the Governor will relax the stay at home orders and therefore the exchange will start on Monday May 18 2020. Here is the process:
Ground Round Gift Card Redemption Plan: 9 am – 3 pm Monday through Thursday
- Call 518-561-8383 Ext. 506 and give the following information:
- Name, address, phone number, gift card number on the back of the card
- We will research verify balance and issue a check or prepare a Best Western Plus Plattsburgh Voucher
- The following day you will be able to pick up the check at the Best Western Hotel ( 9 am – 3 pm) by bringing the card you want to exchange for cash or Best Western Plattsburgh Voucher.
- Please park out front and call 518-561-8383 ext. 506. Please identify yourself by name and the check will be brought to your car.
- The name on the check must be the person who is picking it up and that person must use photo identification to verify. In addition you will be required to sign that you have received the check in exchange for the Gift Card or Best Western Plus Plattsburgh voucher
Please monitor our Facebook page for additional information.
Stay Safe and be well
Julie Kramer and Bob Smith
April 13, 2020:
This is a notice that I have not been looking forward to but I have decided not to reopen the Ground Round Grill and Bar in Plattsburgh. My family has been operating restaurants in Northern NY and Vermont since 1956. After serving in the Navy from 1968 to 1972 I joined my father in the hospitality business.
With none of my three children interested in the business I hired Julie who eventually became the COO/CFO and vice President of Nine Platt Corp 18 years ago. One year ago I decided that it was time for me to retire and start the process of selling or leasing the Ground Round building. I advised the staff that at some point the building would change ownership but that I wanted it to be controlled and properly operated. I knew this would take time and we did not have a buyer or a tenant at that point. The unexpected turn of events with Covid-19 virus we were forced to close the restaurant. We took this as an opportunity to do some deferred maintenance which is nearly competed but we also had to lay off our entire workforce. Our vacation policies were followed and we assisted the staff in the completion of unemployment claims.
This was difficult but necessary and knowing that I, as well as the staff, would go through this again I decided last Monday April 6 that we would not reopen.
Nine Platt Corp will continue operating the Best Western Plus Plattsburgh and we will meet our obligations to staff, vendors, service technicians and customers. We are working out details of any gift cards that have not been redeemed with either the 99 restaurant, or our hotel. Details of that will be released in the near future.
Julie and I thank you for your patronage, friendship and we are very proud of the work our staff has done to provide excellent food, service and accommodations …………..and to be nice to people.